Thursday, February 25, 2010

From the Earth to the Moon


_____________________
NASA Flight Director Chris Kraft: Rendezvous: two spacecraft meeting up in orbit. Want to have fun? Come over to my house. You stand in the back yard, I'll stand in the front, you throw a tennis ball over my roof and I'll try to hit it with a rock as it comes sailing over. That's what we're going to have to do...
--"From the Earth to the Moon" (HBO)


_____________________
(about the Lunar Module)
Astronaut James McDivitt: It's a beautiful machine, Tom!
Tom Kelly: It is, isn't it?
Rusty Schweikart: You really think that thing is beautiful?
McDivitt: God no, it looks like a toaster oven with legs, but I'm not gonna tell him that...
--"From the Earth to the Moon" (HBO)


_____________________
(Briefing the simulator room technicians during Apollo 11 training)
Honeycutt: For the next three months you and I will do everything in our power to see that these men are able to land safely, which means that for the next three months we must do everything in our power to kill them...
--"From the Earth to the Moon" (HBO)

No comments: